In April, Tyler and I spent a weekend in LA visiting friends, being tourists, and of course, eating some yummy food!
- Runyon Canyon hike
- The Original Farmer’s Market
- A.O.C. (multi James Beard award-winning chefs and restauranteurs)
- Where: Near Beverly Grove
- Meal: Dinner
- What we ordered: Cheese plate (sometimes I just pick a restaurant based on the cheese plate), broccoli with garlic and chili, fingerlings with crème fraîche, the Spanish fried chicken, and the hanger steak with gorgonzola butter. Everything was amazing, but the Spanish fried chicken is a must!
- Felix Trattoria (James Beard finalist for Best New Restaurant)
- Where: Abbot Kinney
- Meal: Dinner
- What we ordered: Everything (basically) – Sfincione (the best focaccia that has ever greeted my taste buds), fiori di zucca (fried squash blossoms stuffed with ricotta), the diavola pizza, tagliatelle ragu bolognese, orecchiette with sausage, tonnarelli cacio e pepe, and a budino. Then we were sentenced to an Italian food coma for the next 8 hours. Everything was incredible, but the handmade pastas were the stars of the meal.
- Note: Make reservations about a month in advance.
- Republique (feat. in Eater’s “LA’s 15 Essential Brunch Restaurants, Spring 2018”) – This restaurant has the cutest interior!
- Where: South La Brea
- Meal: Brunch
- What we ordered: French press, ‘This Morning’s Bread’, a chocolate croissant, and the brioche french toast.
- Note: They have a walk-up window to grab pastries on-the-go 7 days a week!
What I Wore:
ASOS polka dot maxi dress (midi for my tall ladies): Get 20% off of everything for a limited time with code SUNNYDAYS.
Marc Fisher yommi chelsea bootie: 50% off right now!!!