Valentine’s Day is almost a month away! I know this holiday isn’t for everyone, but it holds a special place in my heart (pun intended). Growing up, my parents always got us little gifts and candy to celebrate. As I got older, I think it allowed me to view Valentine’s Day as more than just a day for couples to celebrate their love. To me, it’s a fun day to celebrate ALL the love you have in your life – whether it’s the love of your friends, family, and/or partner!
If you’re spending the holiday at home (like us…we’re in full lockdown), here are some ways you can celebrate:
- Dress up in red, pink, and white with your GALentines and have a group video chat. You can pick a fun cocktail to make together or have a virtual pizza party! At the beginning of the pandemic, my friends and I used the “party pack” from Jackbox Games to play fun games via Zoom with one another.
- Order a date night box or a cocktail kit for you and your partner!
- Turn your garage, backyard, driveway, or carpark into a drive-in theater. I did this in college and it was a lot of fun. We didn’t have a projector, but I pulled my flat screen TV out into our carpark, backed up my car to face it, and decorated with blankets, pillows, movie theater candy, and popcorn.
- Cook a romantic, candlelit dinner! We usually opt for steak and potatoes with a molten lava cake for dessert. Fondue could also be a fun option!
- Send cute cards to your family and friends with messages of gratitude!
- Watch a romcom while chowing down on all your favorite movie theater snacks!
- Plan a game night with tons of 2 player games (scrabble, chess, cards, cribbage, etc.).
Regardless of what you have planned, you’ll want to look the part! From flirty to cozy – I have tons of outfit options for your Valentine’s Day:
This red dress and this black dress are great options for something sexy and fitted. If casual is more your style, try a pink shift dress or this affordable, rib-knit, tiered dress (comes in XS to 4X). Stay warm in red sweater dress (a bit of a splurge) with fun puff sleeves OR pair a color block sweater with a satin slip skirt. Let’s be real – a lot of us will be hanging on the couch this year, which means loungewear is the best option! Try a fuzzy knit sweatshirt and shorts or a gorgeous ribbed top and flare pant set. Top everything off with some fun accessories and shoes (or slippers)!
However you spend February 14th, I hope you have the most wonderful day!